Welcome to our courses for 2016
We offer the standard general Introductory Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) course (40 hours) - This is the minimum requirement to join any hospital chaplaincy team and we welcome all Faiths.
- Five Tuesdays 23rd February - 22nd March, 8.30am to 3.30pm
- Venue: Macquarie Hospital, Wicks Rd, North Ryde
We also offer:
Basic Clinical Pastoral Education in Mental Health (400 hours). This course includes:
- Introductory CPE (above)
- Introductory CPE in Mental Health: 5 Wednesdays 4th May to 1st June, 8.15am to 3.00pm
- Venue: Macquarie Hospital, North Ryde - with supervised placements in the Northern Sydney Health Area
With a combined experience of over 60 years of running groups, we select course participants carefully. Mental Health is a demanding and sensitive, but fascinating, area to work in.
We are looking for people with a heart for mental health ministry. To start training, experience is not necessary. Participants are introduced to the wards under supervision.
Our aim is to achieve maximum cohesion of closely bonded groups that will provide a safe, supportive environment resulting in optimal personal growth, learning and enjoyment for its members.
Basic Clinical Pastoral Education in Aged Care Ministry (400 hours)
- Includes Introductory CPE (above)
- Then on Tuesdays from 3rd May to 8th November, 9am to 3pm (missing school holidays)
- Venue: St Basil's Aged Care Facility, Lakemba
Other courses are available - We encourage multi-faith interaction.
As a Member Institute of the Sydney College of Divinity, the NSW College of Clinical Pastoral Education provides Master of Arts degrees
specialising in Chaplaincy and Pastoral Supervision, and gives credit for Basic and Advanced Units of CPE.
For further information: please contact the Director of the Mental Health CPE Centre:
Rev. Alan Galt OAM
Phone: 0413 805 263
Post: PO Box 469 Beecroft NSW 2119
Or Mrs Rosemarie Say OAM
Macquarie Hospital Chaplaincy Coordinator
Phone: 02 9887 5012
Enter into the peace of the grounds of Macquarie Hospital, one of our placement areas for Mental Health Ministry training.